Christmas is just around the corner. This is the most joyous season filled with family, friends, and food. And let’s not forget about presents. If you want to make this Christmas year a more special, try giving an experience instead of a physical thing. The research proves it, experiences makes you happier than things. I have gathered some ideas for you. Here they are:
High-tea: Invite a friend to spend a couple of hours with you while eating the tastiest cakes, scones, and cookies.
Brunch: If the person you are giving the gift is not a sweets lover, going for brunch is a better option than high-tea. This gift is a great option to catch up and spend time together. My favorite brunch place in the city I live in is Het Lokaal.
Ice skating: Invite a friend or your group of friend for an ice skating afternoon. Grab your favorite scarf, gloves, and hat and enjoy the day in the ice.
Museum tickets for two: Get cultural and go to a museum with a friend.
Movie tickets for two: Is there a new movie coming out? Go watch it with your BFF. At the cinemas, you can grab some candy, popcorn and invite the drinks.
Bowling: Invite your family or group of friends to a bowling night.
Escape room: The best experience to see the personalities of your friends while having fun solving riddles.
Yoga/Dance/Sport passes for a month. Depending on the interests of your friend you can give a monthly pass to their favorite activity. It can be yoga, Zumba, CrossFit, hip hop etc.
Wellness day for two: Spend the day with your friend or partner relaxing in the sauna. Or chilling in the swimming pool.
Facial: A great gift to pamper someone you love. My favorite beauty salon is Frank and Olive.
Cooking classes: Take a class with a friend or partner and learn how to cook a different type of cuisine.
Musical classes for a month: Has your friend or partner wanted to learn how to play a musical instrument? Surprise them with a month of classes. Book the best piano teacher in Amersfoort here.
Photoshoot: Give your friends pictures they would like to hang in their living rooms. Starting at €50 you can book this talented photographer.
Food subscription box for a week: Give your friend a time-off from going to the supermarket by giving a meal box. Try for example the vegan box.
Second-hand shopping gift card: Give your friend a gift card to buy second-hand designers clothes. For example from The Next Closet. Choose your own amount, add a personal message and contribute to a more sustainable world. Order it here.
Christmas is just around the corner. This is the most joyous season filled with family, friends, and food. And let’s not forget about presents. Shopping for presents can be a hard job. Even harder if you want to give something ethically made, organic, vegan and that it’s actually worth to have. To make the search easier, I have gathered some gifts ideas for you. From most affordable to most expensive here they are:
Zero waste goodies
From bamboo straws to naked soaps. The webshop bag-again.nl has a wide assortment for a zero-waste start. Prices start from €3,95 Soaps from Dr. Bronner’s
Fair trade, organic, cruelty-free, vegan and SLS-free soaps. The pure Castile soaps are made from vegetable oils and do not contain any synthetic detergent.
Shop at Holland and Barret or online at biggreensmile.nl Prices start from €4,50
Beauty products from Weleda
All of the products are made with organic ingredients. Are free of synthetic compounds or toxic chemicals. Instead, they use flowers, fruits, roots extracts, minerals, and essential oils.
Shop at Holland and Barret, Ekoplaza, Natuurwinkel or online at biggreensmile.nl Prices start from €4,99
Bamboo charcoal sponge from Benecos The products of Benecos are made from natural ingredients. Are free from paraffin, parabens, silicones, PEG, synthetic color, synthetic fragrance, and synthetic preservatives. This 100% vegetable Konjac sponge Bamboo Charcoal with mineral-rich charcoal powder cleans the pores to remove blackheads and dirt.
Shop online at the webshop solobiomooi.nl Price €7,99
Socks from Qnoop.
Ethically made in Portugal from organic cotton. Each pair has a button and a loop so you don’t miss again your socks after doing the laundry.
Shop them online at Qnoop’s website or check their points of sale. Prices start from €9,95
Beauty tea from Cedar + Stone
This tea is also a good product to add to the bath. It contains herbs that help to strengthen the hair and nails. The tea mix is all made with natural ingredients. It has no additives or caffeine.
Shop online at the webshop nourishednederland.com Price €12,- Giftset from Lush Lush makes fresh, handmade and cruelty-free cosmetics. They have a lot of vegan products and also a lot of package-free products.
Shop at Lush’s website or on one of their shops. Prices from €12,50
Jewelry from A Beautiful Story Necklaces, armbands, and earrings ethically made in Nepal.
Shop online at watmooi.nl (Use my code ‘Alisson’ for 10% discount, or check A Beautiful Story’s points of sale.
Prices from €12,96
Erasable books from Greenstory
The notebooks you can customize with different clickable pages and add-ons. They have a monthly planner page, to-do page, bullet journal page and more. Plan, wish, draw, create, and erase what you no longer need.
Shop online at ourgreenstory.com Price starts from €13,50 Nail polish from OZN
This is a vegan and environmentally friendly alternative to conventional nail polish.
OZN uses alternative solvents and compounds that are biodegradable, do not damage your health and do not pollute the environment.
Shop them at OZN’s website or via kenkoshop.nl Price starts from €14,90
Boro MiniBaby goods 100% plant-based baby products colored with plants and roots. They sell blankets, linens, bibs, muslin swaddles and more. All made in Amsterdam.
Shop them online at boromini.com/shop Prices start from €14,95
Aromatherapy box from Tisserand
Pure Essential Oils and aromatherapy products. You can get a set for sleep, travel survival, daily essentials, feel-good essentials, peaceful night, de-stress and energize.
Shop it online at the webshop biggreensmile.nl Price starts from €15,50
Pure, natural & organic matcha green tea.
Shop it online at kenkoshop.nl Price starts from €15,95
Charcoal face mask from Sukin
Sukin is a skincare brand from Australia. The products are made from natural ingredients. Are cruelty-free, sulfates and paraben-free. Sukin is 100% Carbon Neutral and the packagings are recyclable. The face mask contains bamboo charcoal as the key ingredient. The skin is left moisturized and nourished by avocado, coconut and rosehip Oils.
Shop them at Holland and Barret or online at biggreensmile.nl Price €15,95
Giftsets from Naif
The skin care products of Naif are made with natural ingredients such as flaxseed oil, avocado oil, and tomato extract. The brand started in 2013 as a baby skin care brand. Now the brand has expanded and also makes products for women.
Shop at the Etos, Holland, and Barret, or online at biggreensmile.nl Prices start from €17,95
Raw Halo chocolate gift box
Raw chocolate. Vegan, made with natural and organic ingredients. Sweetened with coconut sugar.
Shop it online at kenkoshop.nl Price €21,50
Boho beauty box
Bo.ho is an eco-friendly French makeup brand. The products are made from natural ingredients, are cruelty-free, vegan and organic. All of the packagings are recyclable.
This gift set includes an eyeliner, a mascara, and a red nail polish.
Shop it online at the webshop solobiomooi.nl Price €22,95 Book: This Is A Good Guide by Marieke Eyskoot
This book is filled with practical tips about sustainable fashion, beauty, food, baby products, home, work, and leisure. You will find the right addresses, beautiful brands, inspiring insights, surprising facts, and useful solutions. The book is in Dutch and in English.
You can buy it online at bol.com, at a bookstore or at a concept store. Price €24,-
Hammam towel from Happy Towels
These towels are made of bamboo or organic cotton and are ethically made in Turkey.
Shop online at happytowels.nl Prices start from €25,-
Kenko essentials gift box
Kenko is a Dutch multibrand online shop. They sell only eco-friendly products. They put up together a gift box with different products. Perfect to try out new organic brands.
Shop it online at kenkoshop.nl Price €29.99 I hope this guide helps you to find a gift for this season. But remember that the most sustainable option is to give nothing. There are other options like giving things that you own and don’t use anymore. Or books that you read and don’t need to keep. Another gift you can give is to donate to a cause in the name of the person. And lastly, you can give someone an experience. Going to the cinemas together, go for a snack, go to the woods. Those kinds of experiences are very valuable. Time spend with a dear person is the best present. (If you ask me)
Christmas is just around the corner. This is the most joyous season filled with family, friends, and food. And let’s not forget about: presents! Shopping for presents can be a hard job. Even harder if you want to give something ethically made, organic or vegan which doesn’t break your bank account.
On my Pinterest account, I have gathered 50+ ideas for sustainable presents. From wooden watches to DIY whisky bottles. They are not only eco-friendly but also mainly chosen to suit both men and women. This makes your holiday giving a little bit easier.
Lack of confidence is a topic that I am currently working on. Since I am more active on social media, I feel more aware of my insecurities. Every time I post a picture I am aware that people might criticize. And for some time, it affected me. That´s when I realized that I needed to work on my self-esteem.
I have some personal insecurities and one of them has to do with my smile. It took me years to accept the fact that I have big gums and little teeth, and for that many years I was ashamed of laughing to hard because then my gums would show… How crazy is that right? Just like this insecurity I have some other that I am currently working on. Thanks to my friend Laura, I started reading the book “You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life” by Jen Sincero. This book was for me a life changing experience. While reading it I highlighted my favourite quotes and here they are:
1. “What other people think about you has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.” ― Jen Sincero
2. “You created the reality you now exist in with your thoughts, which means you can use the very same power of thought to change it.” ― Jen Sincero
3. “What you choose to focus on becomes your reality.” ― Jen Sincero
4. “You are responsible for what you say and do. You are not responsible for whether or not people freak out about it.” ― Jen Sincero
5. “Our greatest fears are the greatest waste of time.” ― Jen Sincero
6. “Comparison is the fastest way to take all the fun out of life.” ― Jen Sincero
7. “It’s just as easy to believe we’re awesome as it is to believe we’re giant sucking things.” ― Jen Sincero
8. “So often, we pretend we’ve made a decision, when what we’ve really done is signed up to try until it gets too uncomfortable.” ― Jen Sincero
9. “All that matters is what’s true for you, and if you can stay connected to that without straying, you will be a mighty superhero.” ― Jen Sincero
10. “We are so unbelievably blessed to have all the things we have, all the opportunities and ideas and people and tasks and interests and experiences and responsibilities – choosing to freak out about it all, rather than enjoying the living of our lives, is like throwing pearls before swine. Such a waste of such a glorious gift.” ― Jen Sincero
Picture by Marisa Elisa
Picture by Marisa Elisa
Picture by Marisa Elisa
Hello smiling Alisson. Hello to my gums and my little teeth! 🙂
11. “Holding on to my bad feelings about this is doing nothing but harming me, and everyone else, and preventing me from enjoying my life fully. I am an awesome person. I choose to enjoy my life. I choose to let this go.” ― Jen Sincero
12. “You need to go from wanting to change your life to deciding to change your life. If you want to live a life you’ve never lived, you’ve to do things you’ve never done.” ― Jen Sincero
13. “Say nice things about your body, dress it up, and take it out. Give it hot sex, luxurious baths, and massages. Move it, stretch it, nourish it, hydrate it, pay attention to it—The better our bodies feel, the happier and more productive we are.” ― Jen Sincero
14. “There will never be anyone exactly like you. You were given special gifts and talents to share with the world, and even though everybody has special gifts and talents, nobody will use theirs quite the same way you do.” ― Jen Sincero
15. “Our thoughts become our words, our words become our beliefs, our beliefs become our actions, our actions become our habits, and our habits become our realities.” ― Jen Sincero
16. “Follow what feels good in the moment, every moment, and it will lead you through a most excellent life.” ― Jen Sincero
17. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present. —Lao Tzu; ancient Chinese philosopher, founder of Taoism, could have been one guy or a mythical compilation of many, nobody really knows for sure”” ― Jen Sincero
18. “You are loved. Massively. Ferociously. Unconditionally. The Universe is totally freaking out about how awesome you are. It’s got you wrapped in a warm gorilla hug of adoration. It wants to give you everything you desire. It wants you to be happy. It wants you to see what it sees in you.” ― Jen Sincero
19. “Forgiveness is all about taking care of you, not the person you need to forgive. It’s about putting your desire to feel good before your desire to be right. It’s about taking responsibility for your own happiness instead of pretending it’s in somebody else’s hands. It’s about owning your power by giving all your anger, resentment, and hurt the heave-ho.” ― Jen Sincero
20. “You are a badass. You were one when you came screaming onto this planet and you are one now. The Universe wouldn’t have bothered with you otherwise. You can’t screw up so majorly that your badassery disappears. It is who you are. It’s who you always will be. It’s not up for negotiation.” ― Jen Sincero
I hope you enjoy them and get inspired to read the whole book.
Did you already read the book? How did you like it? Leave the comments below!
P.S. You can buy the book in NL HERE or in English HERE.
Dress // size S // Vintage // bought it in the Saturdays flea market in Amersfoort
Blazer // size 36 // H&M // got from my dutch sister Sophia
Shoes // size 38 // Graceland // bought them in the Saturdays flea market in Amersfoort
Do you like my clothes and want to buy an item? Send me a message here.