Christmas is just around the corner. This is the most joyous season filled with family, friends, and food. And let’s not forget about presents. If you want to make this Christmas year a more special, try giving an experience instead of a physical thing. The research proves it, experiences makes you happier than things. I have gathered some ideas for you. Here they are:
- High-tea: Invite a friend to spend a couple of hours with you while eating the tastiest cakes, scones, and cookies.
- Brunch: If the person you are giving the gift is not a sweets lover, going for brunch is a better option than high-tea. This gift is a great option to catch up and spend time together. My favorite brunch place in the city I live in is Het Lokaal.
- Ice skating: Invite a friend or your group of friend for an ice skating afternoon. Grab your favorite scarf, gloves, and hat and enjoy the day in the ice.
- Museum tickets for two: Get cultural and go to a museum with a friend.
- Movie tickets for two: Is there a new movie coming out? Go watch it with your BFF. At the cinemas, you can grab some candy, popcorn and invite the drinks.
- Bowling: Invite your family or group of friends to a bowling night.
- Escape room: The best experience to see the personalities of your friends while having fun solving riddles.
- Yoga/Dance/Sport passes for a month. Depending on the interests of your friend you can give a monthly pass to their favorite activity. It can be yoga, Zumba, CrossFit, hip hop etc.
- Wellness day for two: Spend the day with your friend or partner relaxing in the sauna. Or chilling in the swimming pool.
- Facial: A great gift to pamper someone you love. My favorite beauty salon is Frank and Olive.
- Cooking classes: Take a class with a friend or partner and learn how to cook a different type of cuisine.
- Musical classes for a month: Has your friend or partner wanted to learn how to play a musical instrument? Surprise them with a month of classes. Book the best piano teacher in Amersfoort here.
- Photoshoot: Give your friends pictures they would like to hang in their living rooms. Starting at €50 you can book this talented photographer.
- Food subscription box for a week: Give your friend a time-off from going to the supermarket by giving a meal box. Try for example the vegan box.
- Second-hand shopping gift card: Give your friend a gift card to buy second-hand designers clothes. For example from The Next Closet. Choose your own amount, add a personal message and contribute to a more sustainable world. Order it here.