A clean house is the best way to start the day. It creates a good atmosphere which affects your mood in a positive way. But with our busy life and a full schedule, we might not feel like cleaning as soon as we have a spot free. Luckily, it can be an easy task to do. I have gathered for you some easy and effective tips:
- Set the timer for 20 minutes every night. Clean as much as you can during that time. You will be surprised.
- Clean the kitchen after every meal. Wash the dishes, or organized them in the dishwasher. Wipe the table and the surfaces with a wet towel.
- Use baking soda, vinegar, and lemon to clean everything.
- Make it teamwork. Divide the work with your roommate so it doesn’t feel that you are doing everything alone.
- Use that time to listen to a podcast. From sustainability to parenting and personal growth there are some great podcasts to listen to.
- Declutter your house on a regular basis. The fewer things you have, the less time you have to spend cleaning.
- Have a home for all the things in your house. When you use something, bring it back to its place right away.
- Fill a spray bottle with half water, half all-purpose cleanser. Put it in the bathroom. Spray every night after brushing your teeth and wipe it clean with a towel. You can do the same in the kitchen and spray the surfaces every night.
As a summary: do it regularly, make it more enjoyable, involve your roommates/kids and declutter on a regular basis.