Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful but exhausting jobs as a mom. It requires physical and emotional strength. In order to be more successful at the job, the best is if you are in peace. Breastfeeding gives moms a chance to sit down and relax. The first months are very beautiful. You keep on wondering how lucky you are to be able to feed your baby by putting it on your breast. As time passes it might get a little tiring and the wondering stops been a good motivation to keep it up. In order to make the breastfeeding sessions more fun, there are some things you can do. You can bond with your baby, write down your to-do list or just have some time for yourself.
Here are some things you can do while breastfeeding:
- Talk or sing to your baby. You can invent a song if you don’t remember any lyrics.
- Listen to your favorite music and sing if you feel like it.
- Read a book. In silence or out loud. Remember that your baby loves to hear your voice.
- Listen to audiobooks.
- Meditate. An easy app to this is ‘Headspace’.
- Eat a snack. Nuts, crackers, yogurt, peanut butter, and jelly sandwiches. Grab an easy snack that you can eat with one hand. Now that you have the time :).
- Bond with the family. If the close family is visiting you, you can feed your baby in front of them. ( Only if you feel comfortable) That way you get to interact with them and your baby will hear and get used to their voices.
- Catch up with your friends and family. Send them messages to keep up the relationship.
- Watch your favorite series.
- Write down your thoughts in a diary.
- Write down your blessings.
- Rest with your baby.
Each month is getting easier but it never stops being challenging. How is it for you? What do you like to do while you are breastfeeding?
Let me know in the comments below.
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Like my Facebook page