Summer is just around the corner! Let’s try to make this coming season greener than it already is. How? By investing in organic and ethically made T-shirts. You might ask yourself why to invest in organic cotton? Here some facts:
– Organic cotton is grown without the use of insecticides, pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
– It protects the farmers, from being exposed to toxic chemicals.
– It eliminates the greenhouse gas emissions created through the production of chemical fertilizers.
– The soils remain healthy and sequester more carbon helping to mitigate climate change.
– Water consumption is reduced as well as the C02 emissions per tonne of cotton fiber.
Today I listed out my favorite sustainable T-shirt brands for you:
1. White T-shirt from Organic Basics
Basic T-shirt made of 100% organic cotton. Available in black or white.
Use this code to get 20% discount: OBxsimmonds20
2. Bisou on Stripes from Armedangels
Striped T-shirt made of 100% organic cotton. Available in navy/white or red/white.
3. Ribbed T-shirt from Shop Saar
Made from a sturdy ribbed fabric of 95% organic cotton and 5% elastane. Available in petrol blue, pink, henna red and light blue. You can choose the kind of neck and sleeve you prefer.
4. Red heart T-shirt from Real Fake
White oversized T-shirt with a heart print at the heart height. Ethically made of 100% organic cotton. Available with a red or blue heart.
5. Basic T-shirt from Noumenon
Basic T-shirt made of 100% organic cotton.
6. Bonita T-shirt from Thinking MU
The shirt has the text ‘Bonita’ embroidered above the left chest, which means ‘beautiful’. Made of 100% organic cotton.
7. Fake T-shirt from Loenatix
Black T-shirt made of 100% organic cotton. The shirt is printed in Amsterdam with waterbased ink.
8. Human BeIN from Ipsilon Paris
T-shirt made of 100% organic cotton. The text is printed with water-based ink. The star is embroidered.
9. Little donkey from Armedangels
T-shirt made of 100% organic cotton. Available in white or grey.
10. Simone from Belle’s Club Amsterdam
This one is not organic but made it to the list due to its sustainability efforts. This shirt is designed in Amsterdam and made in India with wind energy. The Simone tee is made of 70 percent recycled cotton and 30 percent recycled polyester.
I hope you get inspired and next time you are looking for t-shirts, give it a try and look for organic cotton as the main fabric. If you are out of a budget, try to go to a second-hand shop first, before buying fast fashion brands. There are a lot of ‘old’ clothes ready to have a ‘new’ life.