Winter is coming! Let’s try to make this coming season as green as possible by investing in fairly made and organic sweaters. You might ask why to invest in organic cotton? Here some facts:
– Organic cotton is grown without the use of insecticides, pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
– It protects the farmers, from being exposed to toxic chemicals
– It eliminates the greenhouse gas emissions created through the production of chemical fertilizers.
– The soils remain healthy and sequester more carbon helping to mitigate climate change.
– Water consumption is reduced as well as the C02 emissions per tonne of cotton fiber.
Today I listed out my favorite sustainable sweaters for you:
For the doggie lovers. Made from 100% organic cotton.
Unisex cut sweatshirt with a relaxed fit silhouette. Made from soft organic cotton.
(See here for outfit inspirations with this sweater)
Made from 100% organic cotton. 300 grams were used for it. The sweater was designed in Amsterdam and produce in Turkey under fair conditions.
Dressed up or dressed down, this jumper is a must-have. Fairly made in India from 100% organic cotton.
Perfect for the upcoming holiday season. Made from 100% organic cotton and fairly hand knitted in Nepal.
129,- now €50,85
For the ones who want to make a difference. Made from soft and organic cotton.
For the pink lovers. Fairly made in Poland from 100% organic cotton.
Made under good working conditions (FairWear label) from 40% Alpaca 10% Wool and 50% Nylon. The wool and Alpaca are organic and animal-friendly.
Made from 100% organic cotton.
I hope you get inspired and next time you are looking for sweaters, give it a try and look for organic cotton as the main fabric. If you are out of a budget, before buying something new, try going first to a second-hand shop. There are a lot of “old” clothes ready to have a new life.