Lack of confidence is a topic that I am currently working on. Since I am more active on social media, I feel more aware of my insecurities. Every time I post a picture I am aware that people might criticize. And for some time, it affected me. That´s when I realized that I needed to work on my self-esteem.
I have some personal insecurities and one of them has to do with my smile. It took me years to accept the fact that I have big gums and little teeth, and for that many years I was ashamed of laughing to hard because then my gums would show… How crazy is that right? Just like this insecurity I have some other that I am currently working on. Thanks to my friend Laura, I started reading the book “You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life” by Jen Sincero. This book was for me a life changing experience. While reading it I highlighted my favourite quotes and here they are:
1. “What other people think about you has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.” ― Jen Sincero
2. “You created the reality you now exist in with your thoughts, which means you can use the very same power of thought to change it.” ― Jen Sincero
3. “What you choose to focus on becomes your reality.” ― Jen Sincero
4. “You are responsible for what you say and do. You are not responsible for whether or not people freak out about it.” ― Jen Sincero
5. “Our greatest fears are the greatest waste of time.” ― Jen Sincero
6. “Comparison is the fastest way to take all the fun out of life.” ― Jen Sincero
7. “It’s just as easy to believe we’re awesome as it is to believe we’re giant sucking things.” ― Jen Sincero
8. “So often, we pretend we’ve made a decision, when what we’ve really done is signed up to try until it gets too uncomfortable.” ― Jen Sincero
9. “All that matters is what’s true for you, and if you can stay connected to that without straying, you will be a mighty superhero.” ― Jen Sincero
10. “We are so unbelievably blessed to have all the things we have, all the opportunities and ideas and people and tasks and interests and experiences and responsibilities – choosing to freak out about it all, rather than enjoying the living of our lives, is like throwing pearls before swine. Such a waste of such a glorious gift.” ― Jen Sincero
Hello smiling Alisson. Hello to my gums and my little teeth! 🙂
11. “Holding on to my bad feelings about this is doing nothing but harming me, and everyone else, and preventing me from enjoying my life fully. I am an awesome person. I choose to enjoy my life. I choose to let this go.” ― Jen Sincero
12. “You need to go from wanting to change your life to deciding to change your life. If you want to live a life you’ve never lived, you’ve to do things you’ve never done.” ― Jen Sincero
13. “Say nice things about your body, dress it up, and take it out. Give it hot sex, luxurious baths, and massages. Move it, stretch it, nourish it, hydrate it, pay attention to it—The better our bodies feel, the happier and more productive we are.” ― Jen Sincero
14. “There will never be anyone exactly like you. You were given special gifts and talents to share with the world, and even though everybody has special gifts and talents, nobody will use theirs quite the same way you do.” ― Jen Sincero
15. “Our thoughts become our words, our words become our beliefs, our beliefs become our actions, our actions become our habits, and our habits become our realities.” ― Jen Sincero
16. “Follow what feels good in the moment, every moment, and it will lead you through a most excellent life.” ― Jen Sincero
17. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present. —Lao Tzu; ancient Chinese philosopher, founder of Taoism, could have been one guy or a mythical compilation of many, nobody really knows for sure”” ― Jen Sincero
18. “You are loved. Massively. Ferociously. Unconditionally. The Universe is totally freaking out about how awesome you are. It’s got you wrapped in a warm gorilla hug of adoration. It wants to give you everything you desire. It wants you to be happy. It wants you to see what it sees in you.” ― Jen Sincero
19. “Forgiveness is all about taking care of you, not the person you need to forgive. It’s about putting your desire to feel good before your desire to be right. It’s about taking responsibility for your own happiness instead of pretending it’s in somebody else’s hands. It’s about owning your power by giving all your anger, resentment, and hurt the heave-ho.” ― Jen Sincero
20. “You are a badass. You were one when you came screaming onto this planet and you are one now. The Universe wouldn’t have bothered with you otherwise. You can’t screw up so majorly that your badassery disappears. It is who you are. It’s who you always will be. It’s not up for negotiation.” ― Jen Sincero
I hope you enjoy them and get inspired to read the whole book.
Did you already read the book? How did you like it? Leave the comments below!
P.S. You can buy the book in NL HERE or in English HERE.
4 thoughts on “LOVE YOURSELF AND ALL YOUR FLAWS. YOU ARE A BADASS BY JEN SINCERO. FAVOURITE QUOTES.”
i love this post so much! all my life i’m struggling with self acceptance and it’s a very hard and long way. i have days i feel ok but also the days i can’t look at the mirror bc i don’t like what i see. i’m constantly trying to stay positive and start to love myself truly. thank you so much for this dose of motivation and support! definitely checking this book out! ❤
Hi dear, thanks for stopping by my blog. I’m happy you get inspired to read the book. We are all beautiful and unique and should only think good about ourselfs. Let me know how you like the book when you finish it 😊 greets, Alisson
LikeLiked by 1 person
ps. you’re very beautiful! 😘
I love this post,nice content. Can you check out what might be the beginning of a new spark on my blog.! https://genesisnvibe.wordpress.com